2021-01-15 (F) Weekly Summary

I used an Arduino card reader for the first time. Up until now, I never needed much memory, and I still don't, but this will make it easier to update files as I make revisions. My big problem was that I couldn't reach the reader buried under the screen, so I ordered an extension that will arrive soon. I added a few files to the card with my computer, and with an Arduino demo program, I read the files.
SD card on the screen

Serial data is always ones and zeros, but there is a difference between 0 and "0." The ASCII representation of zero is 48, and I wanted zero, but I read a much higher number. My program imported  SD card information as a series of characters, so I will have to write some functions to turn these characters into usable numbers.
Garbled data

I took an entire day to write a function that would record four spreadsheet rows into the moods array. I haven't worked with so much incoming data before, and I had to coordinate obsessively between the spreadsheet and array. Fortunately, my SD extension arrived so that I could remove the card without trouble.
Spreadsheet and serial data

I gutted the code from EWC_Presenter to remove anything that wouldn't be useful here. The old stuff had a lot of prandom generation for implementing a soundscape on the fly, whereas this code will rely on user input and a spreadsheet to determine the soundscape. I also updated the sequence for reading the discrete inputs.
Digital input readings and deletion scope

I tried a new technique for monitoring buttons that recorded all the input states into an array and looked for any changes. A change would be a button press or release, which I put into a couple of other arrays. In the past, I referenced my inputs by their pin number, but this way should be more intuitive.

I used the color values from the spreadsheet to change each quadrant depending on the current selection. I can have a somber mood written in the spreadsheet and give it a gray color, and I can also have an energetic set and make it bright orange.
Four unique colors

I started reading my analog inputs and made a white blip on the screen two pixels wide. The potentiometers used logarithmic scaling, so the movement didn't track between the screen and physical. I tried to replicate linear behavior, but I couldn't devise a workable formula.
Screen displaying potentiometer

The rest of the summary posts have been arranged by date.
First time here?

Completed projects from year 1
Completed projects from year 2
Completed projects from year 3
Completed projects from year 4
Completed projects from year 5
Completed projects from year 6
Completed projects from year 7

Disclaimer for http://24hourengineer.blogspot.com and 24HourEngineer.com

This disclaimer must be intact and whole. This disclaimer must be included if a project is distributed.

All information on this blog, or linked by this blog, is not to be taken as advice or solicitation. Anyone attempting to replicate, in whole or in part, is responsible for the outcome and procedure. Any loss of functionality, money, property, or similar, is the responsibility of those involved in the replication.

All digital communication regarding the email address 24hourengineer@gmail.com becomes the intellectual property of Brian McEvoy. Any information contained within these messages may be distributed or retained at the discretion of Brian McEvoy. Any email sent to this address, or any email account owned by Brian McEvoy, cannot be used to claim property or assets.

Comments to the blog may be utilized or erased at the discretion of the owner. No one posting may claim property or assets based on their post.

This blog, including pictures and text, is copyright to Brian McEvoy.