My slider model was acceptable the way it was, but the printer would always flare out on the first few layers, so I had a few options.
- I could trim off the plastic that blocked the potentiometer socket after printing and drain the cavity.
- I could elevate the print so the first layer wouldn't be part of the model.
- I could use a different face as the bottom.
- I could model in enough clearance so the flare wouldn't interfere with the socket.
I decided to go with the last option since it would be foolproof with a resin printer. I added another cavity at the bottom with ample clearance from the center, but the slider still had a thick wall so it would be durable.
The rest of the posts for this project have been arranged by date.
First time here?
Completed projects from year 1
Completed projects from year 2
Completed projects from year 3
Completed projects from year 4
Completed projects from year 5
Completed projects from year 6
Disclaimer for http://24hourengineer.blogspot.com and 24HourEngineer.com
This disclaimer must be intact and whole. This disclaimer must be included if a project is distributed.
All information in this blog, or linked by this blog, is not to be taken as advice or solicitation. Anyone attempting to replicate, in whole or in part, is responsible for the outcome and procedure. Any loss of functionality, money, property, or similar, is the responsibility of those involved in the replication.
All digital communication regarding the email address firstname.lastname@example.org becomes the intellectual property of Brian McEvoy. Any information contained within these messages may be distributed or retained at the discretion of Brian McEvoy. Any email sent to this address, or any email account owned by Brian McEvoy, cannot be used to claim property or assets.
Comments to the blog may be utilized or erased at the discretion of the owner. No one posting may claim property or assets based on their post.
This blog, including pictures and text, is copyright to Brian McEvoy.
Post a Comment